Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 month stats

We went to the doctor yesterday. They are all doing great! They are growing like weeds.

Levi: He is 26" tall and 14lbs 13oz.
Nathan: He is 27" tall and 15lbs 12oz.
Paige: She is 25" tall and 13lbs 12oz.

They are all an inch off from each other as well as a pound off from each other. Nathan is very long. Even the nurse and Dr. were surprised with how long he is. The Dr. also said they should be eventually eating 2 to 3 things of baby food a day each. That is 6 to 9 things of baby food a day. Yikes! That is a lot of baby food to keep on hand. I was planning on making my own baby food when I was pregnant. I then got on the wic program and they pay for baby food. It starts this month so I will have to see how much they give and such. I may still make some of my own food. Especially of some of the foods they don't offer in pureed form at the store.

At 9 months we should be able to start giving them some table foods. I'm pretty excited for that day to come. I can't wait till we can eventually sit down as a family and have dinner. Right now it's we feed them and get them to bed and then Alan and I scrounge for something to eat. Sometimes I have something planned or something in the crock pot. Most of the time it is sandwiches or whatever you can find. I miss healthy, fresh meals. Unfortunately by 7pmish I just want to eat something and veg a little before cleaning and bottles and such before bed.

So yesterday we took a walk after they had their cereal and veggies for dinner. We decided to make a stop at the playground and try out the swings for the first time. Well they didn't seem to know quite what to make of them. Paige seemed to enjoy it after a while. Levi was indifferent. He kept looking to me and giving the "I don't know about this Mom" face. He eventually smiled. Nathan is my studier. He has to asses his surroundings and it's almost like he is trying to figure out how it works. He eventually, like the other two, had fun as well. So I will end with their pics from their swing session yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment