Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, January 21, 2013

Thank you for being my friend

Here is a little story about a girl. That girl just happens to be me. Girl meets boy and they fall in love. Eventually they get married and decide to start a family. After we got super pregnant (hehe) we were in the waiting room one day for one of our many visits when I came across a magazine. It was by The Bump. I decided to come home and look up this website. www.thebump.com. Little did I know that I would meet someone who I am incredibly proud to call my friend.

The bump is a spin off of The knot which I used when we were getting married. Only when I was using the knot I knew nothing about message boards. After playing around on the bump a while I found the message boards. There are a lot of them! They have them for how pregnant you are, for how old your child is, for multiples, trying to conceive, infertility, the list goes on and on. On these boards I met a core group of ladies that I started to do live chats with. In that group I met Liss.

Liss is my Canadian friend who I have yet to meet in person. We have been talking and texting for almost 3 years now. She has a son who is almost 2 months older than my trio. She is such a strong person who has been through so much these past few years. I admire her because no matter what is thrown at her she just picks herself up and continues on. She likes to do random acts of kindness for strangers just because she wants to brighten someones day. She is funny, witty, and an awesome Mom to her little boy.

Today it was my day she brightened. I went out on a shopping day with my cousin Beth. I called Alan on my way home just to say hi and see how everyone was doing. That was when I was told there was something waiting for me at home. Guess what I found!?!

She sent me this lovely flower arrangement! I absolutely love it. I never get flowers so being told there were flowers waiting for me at home totally threw me for a loop. Thank you so much Liss. I love them.

Some day I will meet Liss in person. Then I will be able to give her a real hug and not just an e-hug. All I need is my passport. Then it is off to Canada I go.....eh. lol.

1 comment: